Writing a Non-academic Pop Psychology Book
Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Social Workers, Psychotherapist!
Do you want to publish a self-help commercial, non-academic, pop psychology book that can take your practice to the next level? As an author of 3 self-help/ pop psychology books published by major publishing houses and a psychotherapist with over 20 years of clinical experience I can both support and coach you in this process by helping you:
- Decide and hone the topic you want to write about.
- Explore whether there is a need or audience for your books
- Translate your clinical knowledge into pop-psychology that none professionals can easily understand
- Learn to write psychological concepts more simplistically
- Clarify your writing goals
- Work through your resistance and/or through writer’s block
- Write captivating case studies the lay person can relate to and learn from.
- Create interesting exercises for your readers
- Learn the process of trying to find an agent
- Learn more about how the publishing business works
- Explore the pros and cons of self-publishing
- Learn how to market yourself
- Learn how to handle private practice as an author (long distance phone sessions, fee structures, one time consultations, etc)
you would like a consultation with Rhonda, you can email her at email@example.com.